Here’s a purely subjective overview of some of this week’s health stories that I found interesting:
- New York has decided to make Plan B available in some schools.
- Medical mistakes are a major reason of illness. Obama has a solution for reporting them.
- Low-tech solutions are great. Here’s an idea from a non-profit that’s helping places without access to laboratories to still have an accurate screening test for cervical cancer. Now what about treatment?
- Rachel Carson was one of the people who really ignited the environmental movement. It has had an impact on public health, with the idea of the precautionary principle.
- Wouldn’t it be great if there were a contraceptive method that was woman-controlled and could also protect against HIV?
- Virginia is legislating to make abortion less accessible.
Have a great weekend! See you here on Monday.